THE EPSOM AND EWELL FILM FESTIVAL IS BACK….
Posted by Kalli Pasqualucci on 18 May 2023
Ever wanted to attend TIFF, Raindance, BFI, Sundance or Cannes Film Festivals? Well, Satisfied Eye International Film Festival (SEIFF) is like Cannes, only cooler. And with fewer yachts.
And it is coming to Bourne Hall at the end of May, for the fourth season of film festival fun on our doorstep.
I’m sure the films cannot possibly get better every year – but they do. The quality of filmmaking and storytelling is terrific and reflective of the world that we live in – so there is something for everyone.
So here’s a bit of what it’s about:
- There is a BAFTA and Oscar-winning film and a few familiar faces (Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton, Iain Glen, Claire Skinner, Cathy Tyson and Oscar Isaac, to name a few), but you probably won’t recognise most of them.
- There are two feature-length documentaries and the rest are short films that are grouped by theme.
- Most of the short film categories are about an hour long, and the documentaries are about 90-mins.
- All film submissions are watched and selected by a group of professional and non-professional judges.
- There will be some UK and European premieres, which is SUPER exciting.
- The films being shown were selected from submissions from over 50 countries.
And if you’re not sure about the film festival or short films, I can hand on heart say that I was the same in the beginning. I love a Hollywood film. But I’ve grown to love the indie world of filmmaking so much, and I absolutely love watching the shorts.
Visit https://satisfiedeye.com/tickets/, or watch the SEIFF 2023 trailer for more information. The full programme and box office for tickets are at https://www.tickettailor.com/events/satisfiedeyeinternationalfilmfestival.
Or come along, on the day, for the free kid’s screening and to take your photo with the Game of Thrones Iron Throne, Johnny 5, Ed209 or A Back to the Future Delorean.
Hope to see you there!
PS. If you’d like to be involved, we are looking for volunteers. Please get in touch.