The Epsom Bakehouse / Bread Making Courses
The Epsom Bakehouse: Hands-on, relaxed and informative bread making classes suitable for beginners upwards
Want to learn to bake your own delicious fresh bread? Got a keen cook or baker in your life who’d like to learn new skills? Then book a bread making class with The Epsom Bakehouse today.
Join a class and you’ll get hands-on mixing, kneading and shaping various doughs, plus you’ll get plenty of tips to give you the confidence to continue baking great bread at home. You’ll leave with bags full of bread that you’ve baked yourself, alongside detailed notes and recipes.
Class sizes are small, with plenty of time for questions and discussions. Courses assume no prior experience and all ingredients and equipment are provided. A light lunch is included on the day. Classes are held either in my home kitchen near Tattenham Corner or at venues around Epsom.
You can read some great feedback from previous students via our many 5* reviews over on Google.
Gift vouchers are available for all classes.
Classes run throughout the year and include:
- An introduction to bread making – ever popular, learn to create, shape and bake basic bread doughs.
- Sourdough Breads class – learn to create, store and use your own sourdough starter and then mix and bake up to six different doughs using traditional sourdough techniques
- Italian Breads class – bring the taste of the Mediterranean into your home as we mix and bake focaccia, ciabatta and grissini.
- Artisan Breads class – take your bread baking to the next level with added flavours, working with enriched doughs and new techniques such as using a pre-dough.
- Sweet Breads class – Buttery, sweet treats is the theme, from fruited buns to mini chocolate-layered babkas. Yum!
Corporate and private bread making classes
Looking for something slightly different for your team away day activity? Book a bread making session with The Epsom Bakehouse and you’ll soon find out who’s the Star Baker of your team.
You can also book a private bread making class with your family or friends. Bespoke classes can be held at your home (within 30 minutes of Epsom).
Email email@example.com to find out more about corporate or private bookings.
Hello, I’m Rhiannon and I’ve run The Epsom Bakehouse since 2013, when I began selling handmade artisan breads on Epsom Market and Epsom Farmers Market. I subsequently started my popular bread making classes in 2014 and now focus solely on teaching people to bake great bread.
I love teaching and I meet a diverse range of students. My favourite moment in any class is the ‘wow’ moment as students see the bread they’ve made coming out of the oven. It’s brilliant!
Aside from classes, I also run a busy Facebook group for home bread bakers, Bake Bread at Home, with over 1,700 members. In 2019, I launched my first online bread making course and online recipe collection to help teach my growing online audience the joys of baking great bread at home.