Ben Tompsett Music Studio / Music Tuition and Studio Services
Hi! My name is Ben and I run Ben Tompsett Music Studio, providing both music tuition and studio services from my purpose built studio in Epsom, Surrey. I am an instrumental teacher with over 25 years of experience and provide friendly, high quality tuition in Piano, Saxophone, Clarinet, Music Theory and Music Technology, Songwriting and Music Production. I am also a Music Producer and Songwriter providing services such as recording, mixing & mastering and arranging & producing.
The studio is equipped with the following:
– A large library of music covering all instruments with resources for beginner to advanced students.
– Roland HP704 Digital Piano & Nord Electro 4 Keyboard
– iMac with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sibelius, Professional Studio Monitors, UAD Apollo Twin Audio Interface, various industry standard microphones, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit.
I currently work as a visiting teacher of instrumental music at Epsom College, Rosebery and also Hinchley Wood School. I have run my own private teaching practice in Epsom since 2006 and have in that time taught hundreds of students of all ages and abilities.
Piano – I am a classically trained pianist with a particular interest in Jazz and Contemporary music. I offer my students a graded pathway, following the ABRSM (both Jazz and Classical syllabus) and also the Trinity Rock & Pop Exams. For those students who prefer not to do grades I have a flexible approach, working with them to find a path that inspires their love of music and the instrument. Piano in particular is an excellent study instrument for starting out or improving upon your composition and songwriting skills.
Saxophone – I am a trained Saxophonist with a specialism in Jazz, Soul and Funk styles. I offer lessons following both the ABRSM and Trinity classical and Jazz syllabus’. For students not wishing to do graded exams, there are numerous options including learning jazz standards, learning to improvise or playing popular contemporary songs. All Saxophones taught (Soprano/Alto/Tenor/Baritone).
Clarinet – I am a classically trained clarinettist and guide my students through the ABRSM grades (Classical & Jazz syllabus). For students not wishing to do graded exams, there are numerous options including learning popular themes from Film & Television, Jazz standards, learning to improvise or playing popular contemporary songs.
I can also provide the following additional tuition services:
– Music Theory: If you are looking for help getting through Grade 5 Theory for example.
– Music Technology: Perhaps you are studying Music Technology GCSE/A-Level at school or college and would benefit from some extra coaching.
– Songwriting/Music Production – As an established Songwriter and Producer, I can offer guidance with starting your journey as a composer or songwriter along with instruction on how to mix, produce and master your music using software such as Logic Pro X.
Lesson length and pricing
Lessons are available from a minimum length of 30 minutes. Longer sessions are available where suitable/as required. Please contact me for a pricing. An initial introductory lesson with no obligation to continue is offered free of charge. Parents can sit in on lessons if they wish.
All lessons are taught at my studio in Epsom and there is plenty of free on-road parking available at all times. The studio is also fully setup for online tuition, available upon request.
Music Production & Songwriting
Click here to visit my Studio YouTube Channel and hear examples of my work as a Songwriter, Arranger, Music Producer and Mixing/Mastering engineer. If you are a Singer or Songwriter looking to record, then my high quality, affordable studio facility is an ideal solution.
Prices are dependent on what the project is and what your requirements are. Please do contact me in the first instance for a friendly chat over zoom to discuss, or if you prefer we can arrange a visit to the studio. No charge is made for this initial introduction.