Barefoot Birthing / Hypnobirthing classes
Rachel is an accredited Hypnobirthing Practitioner and founder of Barefoot Birthing, offering group and private Mindful Hypnobirthing classes for expectant parents.
If you’ve not heard of Hypnobirthing before then don’t be fooled by the name. The theory behind hypnobirthing is evidence-based, logical, and goes back to basics in understanding what our instinctive body wants and needs to give birth with ease (unsurprisingly this is not a bright white clinical hospital room).
Although the course will very much help you prepare for a calm and natural birth, it is also very much about preparing for twists and turns that can happen along the way during pregnancy and birth. Mindful hypnobirthing is not about having a certain type of birth, but preparing and making decisions that are right you and your baby, and being truly prepared for every birthing scenario whilst maintaining a feeling of control.
Doing a course with Rachel you’ll be learning in a relaxed, friendly, supportive, non-judgemental environment, with space to explore how you feel about birth as well as asking any questions, big or small.
What’s on offer:
· Physiological Birth Course – Group or Private Classes
· Abdominal Birth Course (specifically if you are having a planned Caesarean Section) – Private Classes only at present
· Short Essentials Course – a great refresher, or for second-time parents
· Free Monthly Taster Sessions – held online once a month, normally around 45 minutes long – a great intro to Hypnobirthing
· Free Birth Pool Hire for parents doing a Barefoot Birthing course
· Coming Soon… Doula and Breastfeeding Support
The physiological course is a full antenatal education so you don’t need to do another course, but some parents who discover Hypnobirthing later on in their pregnancy have been known to do it in addition to another course.
Quite uniquely, all group and private courses also include a full online postnatal course, providing lifetime access to expert advice ranging from your baby’s sleep, feeding, baby massage, returning to works, to introducing your baby to your dog! (This is pre-recorded course)
Please do give Rachel a call for a relaxed friendly chat or visit the website to find out more.