At Epsom and Ewell Families we take the security and use of your personal information very seriously.
Please take a couple of minutes to read through this policy so that you are aware of exactly how and why we collect, store and process your information.
Please contact Devenia Besant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07950 701419 if you have any questions or queries relating to this policy or any other aspect of data protection.
Our Legal Basis
- Our legal basis for processing and holding information for those that are not current clients of Epsom and Ewell Families is consent.
- We will only hold names and email addresses of those individuals who have consented to have specific marketing information sent to them. Once you opt in to receiving this information you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
- Your consent to continue to receive this information will be re-established every 2 years.
- If you are a current advertiser with ‘Epsom and Ewell Families’ we will hold contact details for you in order to communicate with you effectively and for legitimate and necessary business purposes.
- We will continue to hold contractual information about you for 6 years after the date we stopped actively working with you.
- If you complete a review for any company listed on the Epsom and Ewell Families website your name and email address will only be stored and used in order to facilitate the writing of that review. Once it has been published on our site your details will be deleted from our systems.
- We will only publish your review when you have given us consent to do so and your name will be used in the review on the site for as long as that company advertises there or you ask for your review to be removed.
Where do we get your information from?
- If we are sending you marketing information it is because you gave us your details and opted in to receive them.
- If you are writing a review for one of our advertisers your name and email address will have been given to us by that company.
- Any details we hold on current and previous advertisers will be information that you have provided to us in order to facilitate an efficient and successful working relationship.
Where is your information stored?
- If you subscribe to receive regular updates and information on activities within the area your details will be stored in a cloud-based system.
- While this system holds its servers outside of the EU please be assured that the information is secure, encrypted and the system is part of the Privacy Shield Framework that makes it compliant with EU regulations.
- Client information is stored securely on a database held on our internal systems and on our secure email server.
- Any payments made to us are processed by an external secure system. We do not hold any bank or credit card details.
How long will we hold your information?
- For marketing purposes your information will be stored until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Your consent to receive this information will be reviewed every 2 years.
- Client information will be stored for 6 years following the termination of our business relationship.
Sharing your information.
- Your information will not be shared with anyone outside of ‘Epsom and Ewell Families’ unless required to do so by law.
The information we hold on you belongs to you and you have the right to the following:
- To see what information we hold
- To have a copy of that information in an easily readable format
- To amend any of that information
- To restrict how we use your information.
- To have your information deleted from our systems (as long as we don’t need to hold it for insurance or legal purposes)
You also have the right to know exactly how we collect this information, how it’s stored, how long we will keep it for and whether we use automated decision making or profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above then please contact us at email@example.com.
Also, if you are unhappy with any aspect of how your information has been obtained, stored or used then please contact us on the address above. If you don’t feel as though your complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily then you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that it may be necessary to hold some specific personal details on you in order to facilitate a functional working relationship. If you do not wish us to hold any details on you at all then unfortunately we will not be able to work with you.
These are the Cookies currently in use on our site:
|Name of Cookie||First/Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__cfduid||Third Party||addtoany||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|_ga||First Party||epsomandewellfamilies.co.uk||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||First Party||epsomandewellfamilies.co.uk||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||First Party||epsomandewellfamilies.co.uk||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
|fr||Third Party||Facebook tracks opted-out Facebook users with a cookie (fr) that is used for advertising purposes|