Places to Visit this Half Term
Posted by Devenia Besant on 11 Feb 2018
Half Term is here and quite frankly the weather forecast isn’t looking great so here is a list of mainly indoor activities to keep the kids happy this week.
1. Hobbledown – Right on our door step Hobbledown where your kids can have fun on the adventure equipment, learning something at the animal educational talks, or watching Hobbler Show Time. With over 400 animals to see, meet and greets characters, scheduled animal petting times and a guaranteed 90 minutes inside our indoor play barn, you can fill at least half a day there!
2. Godstone Farm – It’s Woolly Week at Godstone Farm, where the first of the lambs will be arriving and the farmers will be running sessions to tell the kids all about it. Also fluffy chicks will be waiting for you in Animal Holding. If your kids like crafts there will be craft activities happening as well as a quiz to keep them entertained!
3. Bocketts Farm – At Booketts check out the Birds of Prey flying demonstrations being held Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. Flying demonstrations will be at 12pm and 2pm. You will also be able to visit the Pony Parlour! Meet the Shetland ponies and learn all about them during sessions held daily at 11am, 1.30pm, 3pm and 4.30pm. Also expect lambs (upto 130 of them are due, you may even witness one being born). There also lot’s more on the program visit the website for more details.
4. Kidspace – If you are looking for indoor play because of the weather then head over to Kidspace – For smaller kids there is The Toddler Village which has a classic soft-play frame, mini-trampolines and a slide. For older kids aged 5–12 they can race round the go-kart track before scaling the heights of the central wooden play structure. There are slides, mazes and Thunderball City where soft balls can be hoisted, tipped and shot.
5. Oxygen – Like Kidspace is based in Croydon and is a trampoline park – Free Jumping is the most popular session and is a hour long session to explore and enjoy the park: 100s of trampolines, a mega airbag, speed reaction and aeroball games, trampoline dodgeball courts & much more. There is also sessions for the under 5, do pre-book via the website to avoid disappointment.
6. White Spider Climbing – Closer to Epsom visit White Spider Climbing in Tolworth for some climbing fun, they are running different sessions throughout half term, whilst the kids climb you can treat yourself to a coffee at the on-site cafe.
7. Hollywood Bowl – Also in Tolworth Hollywood Bowl will be open at 9am every day during the school holidays, and if you pre-book online to bowl before 10am, you can make use of a 25% off discount just use the code FEB1825 in the promotional code field when booking.
8. Epsom Odeon – Who doesn’t like a trip to the cinema? the Odeon is showing 5 family friendly films this week. Early Man (U), CoCo (PG), Maze Runner: The Death Cure (12A), Tad The Lost Explorer and the Secret of King Midas (U) Black Panter (12A). Visit the website for prices and film times.
9. Guildform Spectrum – If you want a jam packed day of activities then visit the Guildford Spectrum – Swimming, Ice Skating and Ten Pin Bowling all under one roof. If you go and do it all you will be sure to whip up a huge appetite – you will be able to feed yourself and the kids at one of their eateries including Wimpy or Strikes Cafe.
Have a great week!