Church Administrator /
- Part Time
- Salary: £13 per hour
Website St. John's Church
Location: St John the Baptist Church, Station Approach, Stoneleigh, KT19 0QZ
Salary – £ 13 per hour
Hours – 10 hours per week. Frequency and days: negotiable
Reports to: Churchwardens
About St John’s
Our mission is to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ to the community of Stoneleigh and see lives transformed. Our church family consists of ordinary people who believe that church is a great place to experience God together, to develop friendships and to have some fun.
The role of Church Administrator is to support the Minister, Curate and Churchwardens in running the life and work of St John’s Church. The appointee will be a key player in the staff team and will be the first point of contact for those contacting the church office. To run the church office effectively you will need to be organised, have an ability to write well, be familiar and competent with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher etc) and social media platforms such as Facebook and WhatsApp. The Church Administrator is responsible for updating the church website and issuing communications to volunteers and members of the church. You will need to be good with people and confident working mainly alone, using your own initiative. The role is based in the church office.
● Day to day working with the Minister and Curate
● Running the church office as a communications hub where questions are answered and information is recorded with any actions required taken.
● Providing administrative support for worship – making sure that everything is ready for Sunday and weekday worship (eg service sheets, rotas, liaising with visiting clergy etc) .
● Managing church communications – including producing the weekly newsletter, updating notice boards, dealing with post, e-mails and phone calls
● Coordinating administration relating to baptisms, funerals and weddings eg ensuring Registers and other paperwork is done in a timely manner.
● Assisting with promotional activity – including updating the church website & uploading information to social media, promoting special church services and coordinating occasional publications such as the church magazine
● Managing General Administration – including running an easily navigable filing system (both online, and in the filing cabinet), monitoring office and church supplies, arranging meetings, overseeing maintenance of office equipment,
● Providing administrative support to clergy and churchwardens, and carrying out other tasks as required.
● Liaising with churchwardens and clergy to make regular returns to diocese, register office etc
● Providing administration support to other church run initiatives such as St John’s Cafe and the Baby & Toddler Group.
● Whilst it isn’t essential to be an active Christian to perform this role, the appointee should be open and sympathetic to the Christian faith.
● The appointee will be a good listener, able to deal with sensitive and sometimes difficult circumstances appropriately and respecting confidentiality.
● Self-motivation and initiative is essential, as is close attention to detail and the ability to prioritise.
● The appointee must have the ability to work alone after consultation with clergy and/or churchwardens and be able to manage their own time and workload.
● An understanding and knowledge of church worship and ministry is desirable but not essential. This can be learnt on the job and the appointee must be willing to learn more about the Church of England and how it operates.
● Computer literacy is essential. Microsoft Office is used, as well as Facebook and the website.
For purely administrative roles a DBS check is not needed. But the Church Administrator will be required to undergo basic Safeguarding training.
This post is subject to a 3-month probationary period.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable along with as any specific experience you feel would be suitable.
Closing date for applications is: June 15, 2022
Interviews will be held the week commencing June 20, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.