Animal Holding Supervisor /
- Part Time
- Salary: £14,850 (3 days)
Website Godstone Farm
Scope of Job:
Godstone Farm is a visitor attraction that welcomes over 250,000 visitors each year. We always ensure every guest visiting is welcomed, entertained, and receives the best quality of customer experience in an environment where health and safety is paramount. Our team are required to be energetic, enthusiastic, responsible, trustworthy, hardworking, reliable and have a passion for customer service.
The Animal Holding Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that every visitor passing through Godstone Farm enjoys the highest standard of customer experience. They will be directly responsible for the Animal Holding area and all team members working there on a daily basis. As a priority the supervisor will oversee the welfare of the animals, and the safety and cleanliness of all working areas.
This is a proactive position with responsibility for identifying improvements to the experience for our customers or to welfare standards for our animals. The job holder will play a pivotal role in gaining customer feedback to help develop facilities in the future as part of an aggressive investment programme.
This is a part time role predominantly working every Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday, additional hours may be available and days may vary. The job holder is required to be flexible with their working hours in line with the demands of the business.
- An obvious lover of animals, with the ability to excite children by providing hands on experiences whilst educating about their care.
- Confidence in handling a variety of animals
- Awareness of customers’ perceptions and expectations. Taking feedback and continuously improving the offer we provide.
- The ability to support in the recruitment of a seasonal and flexible team to help operate the peaks and troughs within this area.
- A pro-active individual with a friendly outgoing personality and excellent communication skills who is confident interacting with children and talking to groups.
- Confident in dealing with difficult situations, with a mature and open approach.
- Flexibility and willingness to work hard and have fun at the same time.
- Act as a role model and lead by example to ensure the highest level of service delivery to both internal and external customers. Recruit, develop and motivate the team to deliver service excellence.
- Share facts and knowledge about the animals to both customers and team members, ensure the experience of meeting our animals is memorable and informative.
- Take an active role in ensuring the Animal Holding building is kept clean and tidy, and that all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Ensure the animals have the highest levels of welfare, that tables, cages and pens are clean and tidy and all feeding and cleaning regimes are adhered to.
- Provide opportunities for the team to “go the extra mile” and continually seek to make improvements whilst looking through the eyes of a child.
- Ensure any maintenance issues are rectified quickly, or clearly communicated and planned for resolution.
- Adopt a hands-on approach in order to rectify minor issues and liaise with the Commercial Operations
- Manager (or Duty Manager) for larger or emergency tasks.
- Plan a preventative maintenance schedule, using professionals where necessary to maintain the highest product offer for customer and safe environment for all.
- Play an active role out on the farm, deliver ad-hoc animal experiences, talks, farmer experiences, school groups and birthday parties.
- Use initiative to create attractive, educational and fun displays in the Animal Holding building. Rotate regularly and seasonally ensuring the content is age appropriate and refreshed for returning visitors.
- Help the livestock team when necessary in other duties around the farm, either on an ad-hoc or rota basis to cover holiday or other absence.
- Ensure all communication is within Godstone Farm brand guidelines, for example temporary signage, behaviour, and training.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Animal Holding building and/or roaming animal experiences ensuring seamless handovers with any other supervisors who may cover on a “duty” basis.
- Work as a key member of the supervisor team attending meetings and where appropriate act as Duty
- Supervisor for other areas, such as, but not limited to Retail & Admissions or Playbarn.
- Recruit, induct, train, supervise and coach team members to achieve their full potential.
- Manage team performance by feeding back to their Line Manager and supporting with the development of a range of skills and working culture that supports the department and business objectives, including recruitment, training, appraisals, objective setting, development and addressing any performance issues across the departments.
- Remain within agreed operational budget costs by regularly reviewing key indicators such as staff costs, and cleaning and maintenance costs.
- Communicate all ordering requirements with the Livestock Manager, ensuring the animals have everything they need cost effectively.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that the Animal Holding building, and other animal experiences operate within all relevant legislation ensuring compliance with licensing, and health and safety legislation/guidelines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Farm Park and Department Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies are adhered to and support the Commercial Operations Manager to conduct risk assessments and audits for your areas of work.
- Ensure that the company rules and regulations are fully adhered to by all team members.
- Create a culture where “Near Misses” are reported immediately and relevant maintenance action is taken to rectify problems.
- Maintain a COVID safe environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment is essential.
- Previous supervisory experience in a customer facing environment is essential, experience working with animals is highly desirable.
- A good level of education is a must, the successful candidate must be numerate and literate with at least Grade A-C in English and Maths.
- A qualification in customer service or animal management would be advantageous.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Customer oriented mindset with proven experience of leading a high performing team in a customer facing environment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY STATEMENT
Managers/supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety within their team. In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees in their teams operate in a safe manner. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and visitors (where appropriate). In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
£14,850 (3 days)
To apply for this job please visit godstonefarm.livevacancies.co.uk.