EPSOM AND EWELL PLAYGROUNDS OPEN
Posted by Devenia Besant on 04 Jul 2020
Today (Saturday 4th July) sees restrictions lifted on our local playground facilities, this decision has seen mixed reactions from local residents, some are eager to visit with their children whilst others are cautious about COVID19 safety.
Below are the guidelines set out by Epsom and Ewell Borough Council to help them keep “facilities safe and reduce the spread of Covid-19”:
- Do Not Use this park or playground facilities, if you or any one in your household is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.
- All Equipment is Shared Use, you use at your own risk.
- Wait and Queue in the designated area when the playground is at full capacity.
- Only 1 Family Member per child should enter the playground. We request other family members wait outside.
- Only 1 Household at a time on each item of play equipment. Please wait at a safe distance or return later if the equipment is in use.
- Sanitise Hands before, during and after play sessions. Wash your hands when you return home.
- Clean Touch Points with wipes before use. The equipment will be checked for faults but will not be cleaned.
- Remind Your Child not to touch their face, put their mouth directly on to equipment or put their hands in their mouth whilst playing.
- Respect Social Distancing and stay 1 metre plus from other playground users not in your household.
- Avoid Peak Times when using the playground facilities.
- Limit Your Visit Time to 30 minutes in busy periods.
- Catch Coughs and Sneezes in a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands). Bin tissues straight away and sanitise your hands.
- The Council may close the playground if the above advice is not being followed.
- Maximum Capacity Per Item of Equipment / 1 household
Will you be visiting our local playgrounds with your families any time soon?
For further information or to report any problems with the facilities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 732000.