6 TOPS TIPS TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK WITH TRAINING AT HOME…
Posted by Devenia Besant on 06 Nov 2020
With our feeds filled with opinions, thoughts, sadness and frustration of yet another lockdown it’s more important than ever to look after our health. With this in mind I caught up with Avia Potashnik of Aviapt.com for some fitness motivation, here’s what she say’s:
If you returned to a gym, your favourite class or even continued to train online a good home program can positively impact your training progress.
Here’s my 6 top tips to keep you on track with your training at home:
- Include weekly progression so that you see improvement. Gradually increasing your training volume, reps x sets = total training volume.
- Slow down your tempo if you are training with no weight. Introduce longer pauses at the bottom of the lowering phase. The slower the tempo the longer a muscle stays under tension.
- If you want to add home kit, resistance bands are cost effective as are floor sliders. I’ve also had online clients train with filled water bottles, cans and books to add load and improve range of motion.
- Take your time to learn the movement and form. Any zoom class that has you jumping around without correct form could lead to an injury.
- Set yourself some goals exactly like you do at the gym or with your classes. In the first lock down I focused on pistol squats and push up’s as an example.
- Try something new, always wanted to start running, power walking, dancing, Pilates, yoga, whatever it is why not use this time to give it a go.
Most importantly and above all, it’s scientifically proven that physical activity can improve your mental health by improving sleep, managing stress and anxiety and increase your self-esteem.
Some great tips that I’ll definitely be taking on board. If you would like to find out more about Avia and her health and fitness ideas and services you can connect with her at www.aviapt.com.
Take care of you!