5 TIPS FOR AN AUTUMNAL SPRUCE UP OF YOUR HOME…
Posted by Sammy Wright on 15 Sep 2023
We recently spoke to Epsom and Ewell Families directory member Elle – a local interior designer and architect – about upcoming trends for Autumn. If you’re looking to refresh your home this season then here are Elle’s 5 must have tips.
As the leaves begin to change colours and the air turns crisper, it’s time to transition your home from the bright and breezy days of summer to the cosy and inviting ambiance of autumn. Architect Elle from Studio Elle Architecture shares tips to help you create a warm and inviting autumnal atmosphere in your home:
1. Embrace Warm Colour Palettes: Autumn is all about rich, warm hues that evoke feelings of cosiness and comfort. Consider incorporating colours like deep burgundy, earthy brown, mustard yellow, and rustic orange into your decor. Whether through paint, throw pillows, or decorative accents, these shades will instantly transform your space into an autumn wonderland.
2. Layer Textures for Extra Warmth: Texture plays a crucial role in making your home feel inviting during the autumn months. Incorporate plush throws, knitted blankets, and soft rugs to add layers of warmth and comfort to your living areas. Consider wool, faux fur, and chunky knit fabrics to create a tactile experience that encourages snuggling up with a good book or a warm cup of tea.
3. Cosy Lighting: The right lighting can make or break the autumn ambiance in your home. Opt for warm, soft lighting options like table lamps, floor lamps, or pendant lights with amber or warm white bulbs. Consider using candles or lanterns for a soft and flickering glow that creates a serene and relaxing atmosphere, such as this textured lantern from IKEA
4. Incorporate Natural Elements: Autumn is the season of harvest and abundance, so bring the outdoors inside by incorporating natural elements into your décor. Fill vases with seasonal flowers like sunflowers or branches with colourful leaves. Wooden furniture, rattan accents, and stone or ceramic vases can also add an earthy touch to your space.
5. If planning a renovation or an extension, this is a great time to start the process. For larger projects which will need a team of professionals, permissions and quotations, autumn is a great starting point to ensure everything is in place for a spring start.
No matter how big or small your renovation plans are, do reach out to Studio Elle to talk through the process.
You can also find Elle on Instagram @StudioElleArchitecture